Gibson Innovations set out its ambition to drive growth in music lifestyle across its dynamic portfolio of consumer brands. Acquired by parent company Gibson Brands, Inc. in June 2014, the former Lifestyle Entertainment Business of Royal Philips is setting out a strategy focusing on a portfolio of brands that each represents the highest quality and value for consumers across a range of market segments.
“Since becoming part of Gibson Brands last summer, we have set the stage to become a leader in music lifestyle,” said Wiebo Vaartjes, CEO of Gibson Innovations. “We are ambitious. In less than a year we have created a portfolio of new and established brands, with the Philips brand at its center. We set the pace in innovation, sound and design, and combined with our strong relationships with suppliers and customers, we’re better placed than anyone else to create value in our industry. Today we’re proud to unveil our new name, Gibson Innovations. We have one objective: success for every brand in our portfolio by delivering exceptional experiences for the fans of our brands.”
Gibson Brands acquired the business from Royal Philips as part of its ambition to become the world’s #1 music lifestyle company. The acquisition followed the company’s investments in audio brands including Onkyo and TEAC. Gibson Brands is a privately held company with a portfolio of music and audio brands for both consumer and professionals, across the full journey of music: creation, performance and experience. Complementing Gibson Brands’ musical instruments and professional audio divisions, Gibson Innovations is dedicated to bringing the finest experiences to consumers.
Gibson Innovations is launching with a portfolio of brands, each of which focuses on a different group of consumers with specific needs and aspirations:
- Philips is ranked in the top 50 most valuable brands in the world, with an estimated value of over USD $10 billion. Gibson Innovations is the global licensee of the Philips brand in audio, headphones, video, home cinema, multimedia, home communications and related accessories
- Philips Fidelio is an obsession with sound realised through precise audio engineering and expressed with considered, innovative design. Philips’ heritage of over 70 years in acoustic innovation inspires Fidelio, the next generation of seamless audio born from an uncompromising approach to sound
- The acclaimed architect of prestige guitars that are as American as rock ‘n’ roll, no brand has set the tone of music globally like Gibson. For over 120 years, Gibson has pioneered the highest-grade fretted instruments that tell stories of original thinking, the finest materials and workmanship, and trailblazing technologies. Gibson Innovations is bringing the values of the Gibson brand to consumer audio
- GoGear is a fresh, energetic and fun brand targeted towards consumers who are young at heart and expect value for money. Designed to stand out in-use and in-store, the GoGear range includes in-ear and headband headphones, as well as Bluetooth speakers
- Ever since it was founded in 1946, Onkyo has relentlessly worked to deliver no less than perfect sound, one product at a time. In January 2015 Gibson Innovations and Onkyo entered into a comprehensive, long-term partnership that spans product development and distribution. The two companies are initially focusing on creating connected speakers and headphones under the Onkyo brand
- Trainer by Gibson is a new health-focused brand that captures the essence of Gibson’s heritage of innovation, quality, design and technology. The first Trainer product is a pair of headphones that incorporate innovations never before brought together in one device. Trainer by Gibson has been created in partnership with Usain Bolt, the fastest man alive and six-time Track & Field Olympic Gold medallist
Gibson Innovations is a global powerhouse and holds leading market positions in key categories including audio systems, docking stations, sound bars, headphones and connected audio. Its products deliver on its commitment to meaningful innovation in sound and entertainment. With its roots as the audio, video and multimedia division of Dutch electronics giant Royal Philips, the company’s heritage includes the invention of the compact cassette recorder, CD, DVD and Blu-ray.