The new Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6900-Q32 platform brings higher performance and scalability to the Enterprise network with innovative Intelligent Fabric technology. As part of Alcatel-Lucent Enterprises out-of-the-box solution, Intelligent Fabric technology brings network agility while drastically reducing the overhead to deploy and maintain the network.
The following new capabilities are provided by the OmniSwitch 6900-Q32 platform:
- High port density (32-port 40GbE or up to 128-ports of 10GbE), double the capacity and half the latency of existing OmniSwitch 6900 family members.
- Versatile system with flexible deployment options, ideal for right-sizing the converged campus network or providing a scalable, cost-effective Data Centre Switching solution.
- Simplified deployment in minutes, rather than days or weeks. Innovative Intelligent Fabric technology automates deployment and adds/move/changes of the network and access switches and other devices connecting to it, significantly reducing the OPEX burden.
- Scalability with minimal investment and overhead - virtual chassis provides single management of up to six units and Intelligent Fabric technology automates addition of new units into the virtual chassis.
- Mix and Match other OmniSwitch 6900 platforms to provide the industry’s most flexible Pod and Mesh design for Data Centre networks.
- Ease management burden with automation of VXLAN Gateway and overlay support for application control over both virtual and physical network.
- Integrated Virtual Machine Mobility capabilities delivers visibility and QoS across VXLAN and physical network – and automates network reconfiguration due to adds/moves/changes of applications.
- Full Data Centre features set.
- Future-proof standard-based technology with full SDN programmability for easy integration into workflow automation systems and provides choice for best of breed technologies.
- Limited lifetime warranty for lower support costs and peace of mind.
At a glance
- High Performance 32 port 40GbE Core or Data Center Switch doubles the capacity at half the latency.
- Deployment reduced from ‘hours and days’ to just minutes with innovative Intelligent Fabric technology, available in all OmniSwitch 6900 and OmniSwitch 10K families.
- VXLAN Overlay and hardware-based VXLAN Gateway provides the unique capability to provide integrated application QoS across the virtual and physical networks.
- Automated recognition for adds/moves/changes of applications and devices (whether on the physical or virtual network) eliminates costly, time consuming manual network reconfiguration.
- Mix and Match OmniSwitch 6900 family members in same virtual chassis (Pod) to provide the industry’s most flexible solution.
- Full SDN programmability for ease-of-integration with orchestration systems.
Seamus Crehan, Crehan Research
“The pace of innovation in networking continues to increase. Products that ease deployment for IT via automation while delivering advanced technologies in a practical and valuable way are the networks of the future. Innovative capabilities that meet these requirements, like the latest from Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, will help IT departments keep up with business objectives and outcome goals.”
Industry Analyst firm Current Analysis gave the OmniSwitch product family, which also includes the OmniSwitch 6900-Q32, a rating of “Very Strong” in an earlier report for its innovative capabilities, tied for the top position amongst industry peers.