HP Inc. re-asserted its workstation market and innovation leadership with the introduction of the HP ZBook Studio, the world’s first quad core workstation Ultrabook. The 15.6-inch (39.6cm) diagonal HP ZBook Studio, a meticulously-designed performance machine for professionals on-the-go, revolutionizes the design language of mobile workstations - becoming HP’s thinnest and lightest full performance model ever brought to the market.
The ZBook Studio represents the expertise developed over the past 30 years of HP workstation engineering excellence, HP Z DNA and the extensive testing that went into the development of the system.
“As the world’s first quad core workstation Ultrabook, the ZBook Studio is a perfect combination of brains and beauty with the engineering toughness of an HP Z Workstation,” said Gwen Coble, director, Commercial Solutions and Retail Solutions, EMEA, HP Inc. “The ZBook Studio endures 120,000 hours of testing and features numerous first-time workstation advancements – Intel XEON CPUs with ECC memory, Thunderbolt 3, Gen 2 Z Turbo Drives, HP Sure Start client security, and an eight million color-critical pixel DreamColor 4k display.”
Starting at just 4.4 lbs. (2kg) and 18mm thin, the HP ZBook Studio can be configured to fit business and road warrior needs with professional choices of memory, processor, graphics and more. The model features Intel Core or Xeon processors, dual 1 TB HP Z Turbo Drive G2 for up to 2 TB of total storage, up to 32 GB ECC memory, dual Thunderbolt 3, dual cooling fans and optional HP DreamColor UHD or FHD touch displays. The ZBook Studio is built to handle heavy graphics loads, with a choice of new NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 2 GB GDDR5 Professional graphics or Intel HD graphics 530.
HP also introduced three additional HP ZBook Mobile Workstation models. Dramatically thinner and lighter than their predecessors, the third generation products boast the performance, innovation and reliability expected from the technology partner trusted by customers designing everything from running shoes and racecars to animated characters and deep-sea submersibles.
- HP ZBook 15u – delivers workstation performance in a low cost, compact package. With its 15.6-inch (39.6cm) diagonal display, it is the perfect combination of mobility and affordability. This workstation Ultrabook can be configured with up to 32 GB memory, AMD FirePro professional graphics with 2GB frame buffer, HP Z Turbo Drive G2, 1.5 TB of total storage, and a FHD touch display.
- HP ZBook 15 – the next generation of the world’s top-selling mobile workstation. This thin and light, portable powerhouse was redesigned, inside and out and is 27 percent thinner and 7 percent lighter than the previous generation. Boasting a 27 percent increase in battery life over previous generations, the HP ZBook 15 with a15.6-inch (39.6cm) diagonal display is equipped with an Intel Core or Xeon processor, 64 GB ECC memory, dual 1 TB HP Z Turbo Drive G2 for up to 3 TB of total storage, dual Thunderbolt 3, and optional HP DreamColor UHD or FHD touch displays.
- HP ZBook 17 - with a 67 percent increase in battery life, the 17.3-inch (43.9cm) diagonal workstation is now also 25 percent thinner and 11 percent lighter than its predecessor. It is configured with an Intel Core or Xeon processor, up to 64 GB ECC memory, dual 1 TB HP Z Turbo Drive G2 for up to 4 TB of total storage, dual Thunderbolt 3, and optional HP DreamColor UHD or FHD touch displays. The ZBook 17 also features NVIDIA graphics support up to M5000M Quardro with an 8GB frame buffer.
The HP ZBook Studio, ZBook 15 and 17 all feature the new NVIDIA Quadro Professional graphics, providing nearly two times the performance of previous generation graphics. These systems also offer a choice of Intel Iris Pro Graphics P580, Intel HD graphics P530 or Intel HD graphics 530, offering customers more choices.
All HP ZBook Mobile Workstations are reliable, designed to pass MIL-STD 810G testing. HP ZBooks also come preloaded with HP Remote Graphics Software for remote collaboration, HP Performance Advisor for optimal performance and HP Velocity for more reliable and fast network performance.
Offered with HP ZBook Workstations is the new HP ZBook Dock with Thunderbolt 3. Users can link up to 10 devices at once through ports that include Thunderbolt 3 (supporting DisplayPort 1.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, and PCIe), four USB 3.0, RJ-45, VGA, combo audio, and two additional DisplayPorts.
“HP ZBook products have significant reliability advantages and are designed to pass military standards testing and endure 120,000 hours in HP's test process,” said Ron Rogers, vice president, Head of Engineering Workstations and Thin clients, HP Inc. “HP practices physics of failure techniques thinking to predict reliability and improve product performance. This engineering approach has provided end-users our most reliable workstations available.”
Pricing and Availability
- The HP ZBook Studio is expected to be available worldwide in December.
- HP ZBook 15, HP ZBook 15u and HP ZBook 17 are expected to be available in EMEA in January. Pricing is available upon request.