HP announced its new Pro Series of desktops, notebooks and an all-in-one (AiO) PC, along with printers and multi-function printers. Designed for businesses of all sizes, these offerings are particularly appealing to small and medium businesses (SMBs).
A recent HP survey of 750 IT decision makers and business managers indicated top technology concerns SMBs face include: finding new ways to boost productivity, solving security threats and managing IT costs. The new HP Pro 400 Series printers and PCs are designed with these needs in mind.
“Customers have shared with us their challenges around making important technology decisions with limited budgets and IT resources that impact the security and productivity of their business,” said Enrique Lores, managing director, HP EMEA. “HP offers customers support and access to commercial-grade solutions like the new HP Pro Series of PCs and printers, providing them with the business-ready capabilities they need at a price point they can afford.”
New sleek designs pack power, performance and security
Like all businesses, SMBs face a rapidly evolving environment where technology is used as a competitive asset. As the lines between work and personal life continue to blur, businesses are also dealing with attracting and retaining an increasingly millennial workforce and enabling more mobile and more collaborative workstyles. SMBs need technology that is designed for a modern business, where devices can be easily connected and enable collaboration between employees – all without the need for wires or special equipment.
HP’s Pro Series of desktops, notebooks and an AiO provide SMBs with affordable, enterprise-level technology packaged in new consumer-inspired designs demanded by millennials. These devices underwent HP’s Total Test processing, including more than 120,000 hours of testing to help ensure the design can hold up to the rigors of work and home use.
The Pro Series of PCs feature world-class, built-in security and manageability to give SMBs peace of mind in protecting their critical business data and devices. HP BIOSphere offers BIOS-level protection of device firmware during system start up and BIOS updates, and HP Client Security provides multi-factor authentication and hard drive encryption to keep sensitive data secure. All devices are available with Windows 10 for the latest technology and an additional layer of security.
New devices in the Pro Series of PCs include:
- HP ProBook 400 G3 series of notebooks cater to a more mobile workstyle, with its new thin, light and durable design in 13”, 14”, 15” and 17” diagonal sizes and built-in security features like the HP BIOSphere, TPM and an optional fingerprint reader. The HP ProBook 440 G3 is now up to 17 percent thinner and 12 percent lighter than the previous generation, important for users constantly on-the go. The HP ProBook 400 series features 6th Generation Intel Core processors or the latest AMD 6th Generation A-series APU, a refined soft touch Gravity Black finish, aluminum reinforced keyboard deck, and the spill-resistant HP Premium Keyboard. The notebooks offer a wide choice of configurable options to enrich the experience, including an optional FHD display, touch and long life batteries.
- Both the HP ProOne 400 G2 AiO and the HP ProDesk 400 series use 6th Generation Intel Core processors for maximum power and performance. The new HP ProOne 400 G2 AiO is completely redesigned, offering expansive versatility for SMBs with a space-saving, stylish design featuring HP’s first colored back covers for commercial AiOs, built-in cable management, and a number of new deployment options such as an articulating reclining stand so users can choose the best angle to view and interact whether at their own desk, a front desk or when collaborating and presenting in a group. The 20” (50cm) diagonal HP ProOne 400 also optimizes features in Windows 10 like Cortana and collaboration is optimized with HP Noise Reduction Software, an integrated 1MP HD Webcamand an optional edge-to-edge 10-point capacitive touch panel.
- The HP ProDesk 400 series comes in a wide range of sizes, including an ultra-small form factor, small form factor or micro tower options, all optimized for affordability and performance. HP ProDesk 400 G2 Desktop Mini offers complete ecosystem to mount, physically secure and deploy the device. The desktop can fit under a desk or behind a monitor where space is a major constraint and includes a new standard serial port, VGA and DisplayPort as well as DDR4 RAM for added productivity and functionality. The HP ProDesk 400 G3 Microtower platform offers HP’s highest performing, expandable and best value desktop solution for SMBs.
New printers feature fastest real world print speeds
The new HP LaserJet 400 series printers and MFPs provide the speed and efficiency to keep businesses at their most productive with the fastest first page out, fastest two-sided printing, and lowest energy consumption in their class. With these devices, HP is continuing its effort to help customers secure their print environment, from boot up to shut down, by bringing built-in security features to the Pro Series, such as job storage with PIN Printing. The new printers are ideal for small work teams with 3-10 users printing up to 4,000 pages a month. They include:
- The HP LaserJet Pro M402 series is a monochrome printer that is great for compact work spaces as the smallest and most energy efficient printer in its class.
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro M452 series delivers fast, best-in-class color printing performance with up to 48% faster first page out than its predecessor.
- The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426 series offers monochrome printing within an MFP built for productivity with fast, dual-sided scanning and support for document workflows, including scan to email, folder, USB, and cloud capabilities. It also delivers fast, best-in-class printing performance with up to 100% faster 2-sided printing than its predecessor.
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 series offers fast, dual-sided scanning and support for document workflows, including scan to email, folder, USB, and cloud capabilities. It also delivers fast, best-in-class color printing performance with up to 140% faster 2-sided printing and 46% faster first page out than its predecessor.
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M274n is the 3-in-1 version of the M277n that has been successfully launched in April 2015 and was awarded winner of the reddot award 2015.With three distinct functions – print, copy and scan, the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M274n is the smallest color laser MFP in its class, enabling a growing team to speed through tasks with a range of productivity and workflow features.
HP Color LaserJet Pro M452 series
For customers looking to enable mobile productivity for employees, the new 400-series printers support several mobile printing solutions, including wireless direct and NFC touch-to-print, as well as cloud-based pull printing with HP JetAdvantage Private Print.
HP is extending the innovation of Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence to customers needing monochrome printing with the addition of precision black toner. Precision black toner offers precise toner placement for black and white printing, leading to higher page yields per cartridge.
For the smallest SMBs, micro-businesses and home offices printing less than 50 pages a month, HP also recently announced an expansion of its Instant Ink enabled devices, including the new HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One printer. HP’s ink replacement service offers customers with limited print needs an affordable, no mess, no stress way to avoid running out of ink.
OfficeJet 4650 AiO Printer
Pricing and Availability
- The HP ProBook 400 series is expected to be available in EMEA in October.
- The HP ProDesk 400 series is expected to be available in EMEA in November.
- The HP ProDesk 400 Small Form Factor is expected to be available in early 2016.
- The HP ProOne 400 AiO is expected to be available in EMEA in November.
- The HP LaserJet Pro M402 series is expected to be available in October.
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro M452 series is expected to be available in October.
- The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426 series is expected to be available in October.
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 series is expected to be available in October.
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M274n is expected to be available in October.