Running Wild with Bear Grylls will pit celebrity stars against extreme outdoorsBy Ryan Noik 13 January 2020 | Categories: news
If you get a bit of pleasure seeing well pampered celebrities being put to the test in the great outdoors, then you will be happy to hear that adventurer Bear Grylls will be doing exactly that as of the 22nd of January in Running Wild with Bear Grylls.
The program, which producers have promised will feature the most extreme environments on the planet, has also found a new home on National Geographic. More specifically, the new season transports viewers across remote locations in the USA and around the world. Also on the itinerary, is crocodile-filled mangroves in Panama, underwater caves in Sardinia, deep crevasses on Iceland’s largest glacier and scorching desert slot canyons throughout Arizona.
More specifically Running Wild with Bear Grylls, a ten part series, will see the extreme explorer challenging the likes of Brie Larson (Captain Marvel), Cara Delevingne (Suicide Squad, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets), Channing Tatum (21 Jump Street) and Dave Bautista (Guardians of the Galaxy) to switch the concrete jungle of Hollywood for the real jungle, where the elements definitely wont confer with your agent before giving you a hard time.
The episode with Larson will apparently see the actress on a deep-jungle trek through mangrove swamps and a helicopter plunge into shark-infested waters.
“The RUNNING WILD team is so excited that our adventure series has really found its home on National Geographic with our fifth season,” commented Grylls. “I am so proud that each Hollywood A-lister, who joins me on these journeys through the wild, always has such a life-affirming experience. That is what the wild does; it often takes us to the edge but then rewards courage and determination with a pride that money cannot buy,” he enthused.
“Audiences are in for an exhilarating journey in this season of Running Wild With Bear Grylls as this adventurist extraordinaire takes an impressive host of celebrities into extreme environments. These challenging situations in some of the wildest places on earth test the limits in more ways than one, making for nail-biting, edge-your-seat television,” added Evert van der Veer, Media Networks, The Walt Disney Company Africa.
The full lineup of multi-award-winning actors, entertainers, comedians and superstars include the following:
- Alex Honnold – professional rock climber and the first climber to free solo Yosemite’s 3,000-foot El Capitan wall (Free Solo)
- Armie Hammer – Golden Globe-nominated actor (Call Me by Your Name, On the Basis of Sex, The Social Network)
- Brie Larson – Academy Award-winning actress (Captain Marvel, Room, Unicorn Store)
- Bobby Bones – US radio personality (The Bobby Bones Show), winner of Season 27 of America's Dancing with the Stars
- Cara Delevingne – world-renowned model, social media powerhouse and award-winning actress (Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, Suicide Squad, Paper Towns)
- Channing Tatum – award-winning actor and dancer (Foxcatcher, 21 Jump Street, Magic Mike)
- Dave Bautista – action star and former professional wrestler (Avengers: Endgame, Stuber, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Joel McHale – actor, comedian and Emmy-nominated on-air personality (Community, Santa Clarita Diet, The Soup)
- Rob Riggle – actor and comedian (Night School, Rob Riggle’s Ski Master Academy, 21 Jump Street)
- Zachary Quinto – Emmy-nominated actor (American Horror Story, Star Trek Beyond, NOS4A2)
For a closer look at what to expect, hit the trailer below.
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What are your plans for the holiday season?