Dell unveils 24 new business solutionsBy Staff Writer 10 February 2011 | Categories: news
Dell has announced 24 new business computing solutions and form factors, including notebooks, tablets, desktops and workstation computers, in one of the largest-ever introductions in the company’s history.
New offerings include the Dell Latitude XT3 Convertible Tablet, E5420 and the E5520, E6220, E6320, E6420, E6520, E6420 ATG and E6420 XFR notebooks. Additionally, Dell is introducing the Dell OptiPlex 990, 790, 390 desktops as well as an OptiPlex Small Form Factor All-in-One Solution. Dell also announced the Dell Precision T1600 desktop workstation and Dell Precision M6600 and M4600 mobile workstations.
Dell Latitude XT3 Convertible Tablet
Additionally, Dell plans to extend its existing tablet portfolio with a 10”, Windows 7-based business-ready tablet later this year. The upcoming tablet is designed for end-users who need greater mobility, as well as IT organisations that demand control, security, manageability and integration with existing infrastructure investments.
Dell Latitude E-Family
The entire Latitude E-Family has been refreshed with the Latitude E5420, E5520, E6520, E6420, E6320, E6220, and E6420 ATG notebooks and Latitude XT3 convertible tablet. The new Latitude family of notebooks includes more than 100 design improvements and a range of new features to meet evolving business needs, including an increasing demand for security and manageability. New additions to the Dell Latitude family support a range of usage needs:
The Latitude E5420 and E5520 notebooks are ideal for professionals looking for a budget-conscientious blend of mobility and at-your-desk computing.
The Latitude E6220, E6320, E6420, E6520 and E6420 ATG business-rugged notebooks are designed for the most demanding conditions, with hard-wearing MIL-STD tested Tri-Metal casing and highly durable displays.
The new Latitude notebooks offer the following:
- Completely new design from the ground up;
- Greatly enhanced security–Remote Data Delete and Free Fall Sensor to protect against drops;
- Planned support for pre-integrated Citrix and VMware remote desktop clients;
- Latitude commonality across 26 models – 1 dock, battery, keyboard footprint – making the management of systems much easier;
- Still the only enterprise platform with backlit keyboards options for productivity anywhere; and,
- Intel 2nd generation Core processors and new graphics and memory.
Dell OptiPlex Family
Designed to be the most secure, flexible and manageable desktops, the OptiPlex family provides day-to-day productivity of critical business tasks. The new family includes the OptiPlex 990, 790 and 390 desktops and offers the following:
- Common, stable image for all chassis - tool free access to system components;
- Small footprints and more chassis options;
- Planned compatibility with desktop virtualisation lineup; and,
- New IntelvPro processor technology and new graphics and memory.
Dell Precision Family
Dell Precision workstations are purpose built for high performance and high scalability. The systems are specifically designed for professional users that run graphics and compute-intensive applications for engineers in design and analysis, scientific exploration, special effects, animation, digital imaging, professional audio and economic and financial modelling.
The Dell Precision T1600 workstation features the following:
- Single-socket, entry-level workstation designed for professional 2D and entry-level 3D applications;
- ISV certification on AutoCAD, Pro/Engineer and other select software applications;
- Intel 2nd generation Core and Xeon processors, Intel HD or add-in professional; graphics from AMD and NVIDIA; and,
- Just-right-size tool-less chassis.
Also announced today, the Dell Precision M6600 and M4600 mobile workstations are designed for users that need raw horsepower, superior design and usability, world-class scalable performance and certified-operation.
“As a leader in providing business solutions to organisations around the world, we are proud to announce this new portfolio of products that deliver secure, manageable and reliable solutions along with great new designs,” said Llewellyn Chame, Dell Africa, commercial client product marketing manager.
“As the workforce continues to evolve, so will Dell, with the solutions both end-users and IT organisations need to improve efficiency and productivity regardless of the device they choose,” he continued.
No SA release dates or prices have been announced yet.
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What new tech or developments are you most anticipating this year?