PREVIOUS ARTICLENEXT ARTICLE NEWS
HP introduces Intelligent Security SolutionsBy Staff Writer 11 September 2012 | Categories: news
HP yesterday announced additions to its security solutions portfolio that enable enterprises to assess, transform, optimise and manage their security environments to proactively protect what matters.
Cloud, mobility and big data initiatives are helping organisations solve pressing challenges, while driving accelerated innovation, enhanced agility and improved financial management. However, these initiatives also introduce big security concerns.
According to new research conducted on behalf of HP, concerns around understanding security requirements for cloud services as well as how to secure and consume big data are top of mind for nearly two-thirds of business and technology executives. Half of those surveyed are concerned about mobile data loss or theft. In addition, more than half of respondents admitted that their organisations spend more time and money on reactive measures than on proactive risk management.
HP believes that a reactive, perimeter-based approach to security is no longer sufficient. Enterprises need proactive, intelligent security solutions that span traditional and hybrid delivery models, and address the challenges brought on by these new shifts in IT.
“Cybersecurity threats are growing exponentially, and without a proactive information risk management strategy, enterprise growth, innovation and efficiencies are hindered,” said Clive Brindley, Software, HP RSA.
“HP helps clients protect what matters most to their organisations by delivering intelligent security solutions that prioritise security resources to help identify threats earlier and enable a faster response time,” said Ashton Steyn, Enterprise Services, HP RSA.
Intelligent security for the public sector
For public sector organisations, security threats are continuing to escalate, regulations are becoming more complex and budgets are shrinking. HP Security for Public Sector reflects the breadth and depth of HP’s security services capabilities to meet the exacting standards of these organisations worldwide. New additions to this portfolio include:
· New features added to HP Assured Identity, a solution that offers simplified identity, credential and access management. It enables tighter controls against insider threats, robust identity proofing and reduced complexity around secure information sharing between collaborating organisations.
· Comprehensive Applications Threat Analysis (CATA) on Demand lowers the cost of application security by addressing threats throughout the development life cycle.
· HP Security Operations Center (SOC) Consulting Services, designed for public sector clients outside the United States, enable clients to establish an on-site intelligent cybersecurity operations center. Clients also can acquire HP Services to assist in managing the centre. This service complements HP’s U.S. Public Sector security consulting and security operations centre service.
Proactively manage risk with intelligent security solutions
HP also unveiled new products and services to provide clients transparency and control over their entire organisation. New offerings include:
· HP Data Center Protection Services evaluate organisations’ existing security practices and provide actionable recommendations to help them optimise infrastructure and improve program management across the data centre.
· HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager 6.0c is a powerful, scalable security monitoring and compliance solution that identifies and remediates cyberthreats faster than ever before. HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager rapidly identifies security threats across an organisation’s infrastructure and prioritises critical issues to reduce potential damage.
· HP TippingPoint NX Platform Next Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems (NGIPS) ensures protection across network devices, virtual machines, operating systems and business-critical applications by adding significant capacity for deep-packet traffic inspection. The new modular architecture is designed to adapt automatically to threats as they are discovered, while allowing organisations to save rack space and maintain consistent power consumption and cooling costs.
HP also announced a mobile application for IT security professionals that utilises data from HP Digital Vaccine Labs (DVLabs) to monitor current and trending cyberthreats. HP Information Security Pulse, available at no additional cost, enables security professionals to rapidly determine and address risks that may affect their environment. The application is currently available for webOS, Apple iOS, Android and web browser platforms.
Protecting against printer-based intrusions
HP’s intelligent security solutions also extend to print environments. Offerings include:
· HP Access Control (HP AC) Printing Solutions, expanded for the healthcare industry, enhance device security and improve companywide printing policies with secure authentication, secure pull printing, intelligent management and job accounting.
· HP Imaging and Printing Security Assessment reviews the print environment from a security and compliance perspective, minimising the risks of unattended documents, sensitive data processing from a computer to a printer, and confidential information on device hard drives.
· Enhanced HP Imaging and Printing Security Center (IPSC), a policy-based solution, increases security automation while reducing risk through broader device and operating-system compatibility, expanded HP Instant-on Security device support and powerful password management capabilities.
HP also announced an industry first by surpassing 2.5 billion lines of code under subscription as part of its HP Fortify on Demand (FoD) application security Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution. HP Fortify leads the industry with the capability to harden the attack surface of applications with both static and dynamic application testing for 21 languages, more than any other vendor. In addition, for mobile computing security, HP Fortify offers SaaS testing services for both the iOS and Android operating systems.
Additional information about HP Enterprise Security solutions is available at www.hp.com/go/EnterpriseSecurity2012.
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What new tech or developments are you most anticipating this year?
New smartphone announcements (10 votes)Technological breakthroughs (13 votes)Launch of new consoles, or notebooks (9 votes)Innovative Artificial Intelligence solutions (8 votes)Biotechnology or medical advancements (14 votes)Better business applications (6 votes)