Kaspersky launches new Endpoint Protection for businessesBy Ryan Noik 7 October 2011 | Categories: news
Of late, Kaspersky Labs has been particularly proactive in combating malware and cybercrime as it affects a variety of arenas, including that of gaming. Today, the company took another step forward in this ongoing battle, with the release of its new Endpoint Security 8 for Windows and Kaspersky Security Centre offerings. These are particularly aimed at keeping businesses and corporations free of emerging threats.
Petr Merkulov, chief product officer of Kaspersky Lab, elaborated that the Endpoint Protection Platform consists of seamlessly integrated security modules.
“We have merged real-time, cloud-assisted protection with intelligent proactive endpoint protection, and have created a compelling security centre that will help companies of all sizes protect themselves against emerging IT threats, including targeted attacks,” he elaborated. This would then have a positive impact on their productivity, he added.
- Enhanced Protection: A new anti-virus engine incorporates improved pattern-based signature technology, which offers efficient malware detection with smaller update sizes. The System Watcher module constantly monitors program activities and can undo damage caused by malicious programs.
- Integration with the cloud: Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows integrates with the Kaspersky Security Network, a cloud-based threat intelligence database that gathers and exchanges file, URL reputation and malware information in near real-time.
- Application Control and White-listing: This is intended to strengthen companies’ security stance against targeted attacks, by enabling IT administrators to set policies to allow or block certain applications using Application Startup Control; monitor and restrict certain applications’ activities and monitor application vulnerabilities.
- Endpoint Control: This new feature enables businesses to enforce corporate security policies, by managing which devices are allowed onto their network, and block malicious websites and undesirable web content.
- Intelligent Personal Firewall and Intrusion Detection System: for enhanced protection from network attacks, regardless of connection type or location.
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What new tech or developments are you most anticipating this year?