ASUS Flips the game with thin and powerful new convertible notebookBy Ryan Noik 3 November 2020 | Categories: news
ASUS has announced the launch of the ZenBook Flip 13 (UX363) locally, which the company is billing as “the world's thinnest 13.3-inch convertible laptop to include micro HDMI and USB Type-C ports — as well as two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports — for uncompromised on-the-go connectivity.”
The ZenBook Flip 13 (UX363) is aimed at a particular kind of user - urbans professionals who demand flexibility, mobility and superior performance that is also stylish.
The notebook is powered by the latest Intel 11th gen CPU with a hybrid power mode. It can operate as default providing enough power for everyday tasks and saving battery life. But it also can boost and give up to 40% of power increase for demanding tasks.
Insofar as battery life is concerned, ASUS promises up to 14 hours of it, while display wise, users get a 13.3-inch FHD NanoEdge touchscreen, sporting slim 3.9 mm bezels that maximize the screen space while reducing the laptop's footprint.
According to ASUS, Artists, photographers and designers particularly stand to benefit here from the NanoEdge display when combined with the optional ASUS Pen and Windows Ink. This is due to the fact that the high-precision touchscreen is fully compatible with the ASUS Pen’s 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity, which should please those looking to indulge in casual creativity, note-taking and intuitive editing in any supported app.
A hot feature for those using their notebook as the centre of their home office (aren’t we all?) and jumping onto Zooms or Microsoft Teams is noise cancellation, with the notebook using AI to optimize its noise cancellation capability.
Specs at a glance:
- The 13.9 mm ultrathin laptop weighs 1.3 kg and includes full-size USB Type-A, full HDMI and Thunderbolt 4 USB-C ports
- 360° ErgoLift hinges enable the device to be used in a number of usage modes, including laptop, stand, tent, tablet, or anything in between
- High-capacity battery for up to 16 hours of autonomy, with fast-charging support and ASUS’s USB-C Easy Charge technology
- 13.3" FHD NanoEdge touchscreen supports ASUS Pen with 4096 pressure levels for natural-feeling input and intuitive creativity
- 11th Gen Intel Core™ i7 processor with Intel Iris Plus graphics; 512 TB PCIe 3.0 SSD; 16 GB RAM
As for pricing and availability, the ASUS ZenBook Flip 13 is now available from Incredible Connection for R20 000.
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What new tech or developments are you most anticipating this year?