Acer launches Kimi Räikkönen’s Creator Challenge in support of “Save The Children”By Staff Writer 14 May 2021 | Categories: news
Acer has announced a new international design contest in association with Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN, Sparco and Formula One world champion, Kimi Räikkönen, called Kimi’s Creator Challenge. The PC manufacturer is, of course, an official partner of Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN, with the contest open to creators to design the racing shoes that will be worn by Räikkönen at one of the upcoming Formula One Grand Prix weekends. These will later be auctioned off in support the children’s rights organisation Save the Children.
How to join the Kimi’s Creator Challenge:
- Participants can download a design template and guidelines via a dedicated landing page, plus register and upload their design via the same website
- Participants can upload their shoe design between May 10th and June 1st, 2021
- A shortlist of the top three designs will be decided through an online voting round, while the final winner will be selected by a jury composed of Kimi Räikkönen, Acer, Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN, and Sparco executives
- The winning shoe design will be produced, donated by Sparco and will be worn at a race weekend, signed by Kimi Räikkönen and auctioned together with a matching ConceptD 7 notebook to raise funds for Save the Children
- The winner will be announced mid-June and also awarded a ConceptD Creator Studio (ConceptD 300 workstation and CP monitor)
“The partnership with Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN is a way for us to work and engage with creators on a new level while increasing Acer’s CSR commitment. Supporting education for children provides them a future full of possibilities, hope and opportunities and reinforces the importance of powerful partnerships like this one. We are grateful for the work Save the Children is doing and proud that Acer can support it,” said Hajo Blingen, VP marketing, Acer EMEA. “Inspired by Acer’s top line ConceptD workstation solutions, we let creators be creators to design Kimi’s racing shoes to unleash their creativity and self-expression, and most importantly all for an important cause.”
The top three designs will be judged by an esteemed jury consisting of Frédéric Vasseur, Team Principal of Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN; Hajo Blingen, Vice President Marketing, Acer Europe; Daniela Vignale, Motorsport Manager, Sparco; and Kimi Rӓikkӧnen.
Kimi’s Creator Challenge will be available in over 15 countries in close collaboration with local etail/retail partners and will also serve as platform for special product promotions. For more details on how to join and submit your design please visit the Kimi’s Creator Challenge page.
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What new tech or developments are you most anticipating this year?