Forbes lists highest paid YouTubers for 2016By Robin-Leigh Chetty 6 December 2016 | Categories: news
When it comes to YouTube and the stars that feature of the platform, the question of money has always proved a contentious one, with sponsorships, paid-for appearances and revenue from Adsense clouding the issue. This, however, has not stopped Forbes from listing the highest earning YouTubers during 2016.
Unsurprisingly, the reigning king of YouTube remains PewDiePie (Felix Kjellberg), with an estimated $15 million sitting pretty in his bank account over the course of 2016. Whether or not the 26 year-old Swedish YouTuber remains in top spot should be interesting to see next year, as he has stated that he'd quit the platform once his channel hit 50 million subscribers. At the moment, he's currently sitting on 49.6 million, so an announcement may be forthcoming.
The rest of the Top Ten is as follows:
1. Felix Kjellberg (PewDiePie) - $15 million
2. Roman Atwood – $8 million
3. Lilly Singh (Superwoman) – $7.5 million
4. Anthony Padilla (Smosh) – $7 million
5. (tie) Tyler Oakley – $6 million
5. (tie) Rosanna Pansino – $6 million
6. (tie) Mark Fischbach (Markiplier) – $5.5 million
6. (tie) German Garmendia – $5.5 million
7. (tie) Colleen Ballinger (Miranda Sings) – $5 million
7. (tie) Rhett & Link – $5 million
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What new tech or developments are you most anticipating this year?