Huawei makes EMUI 9 upgrade available for all 2016 and later Huawei phonesBy Staff Writer 7 June 2019 | Categories: news
If you own a 2016 or later Huawei model that hasn't been upgraded to EMUI 9 yet, read carefully. Huawei is making EMUI 9 – its most updated operating system – available for older model Huawei and Honor phones, including the Huawei Mate 9, Huawei P10, and Huawei P20. Huawei notes this will ensure all Huawei and Honor users can enjoy an even better and smoother user experience. EMUI 9 marks the second major version upgrade for previous generation Huawei phones.
Some of the specific benefits of EMUI 9 include:
· Improving random read speed by up to 300%
· Refining app launch speed by more than 10% while the system is under heavy load
· Minimising the space the operating system uses by 2 GB
· Reducing low-efficiency data re-reading and system lag caused by decompressing data
· Improving security, as third parties cannot violate the integrity of the system data
· Providing a clear boundary between icons and wallpaper, making icons easy to spot regardless of background design
· Enhancing the app icon design while making icons 10% bigger
· Minimising mistouches with a design of four apps in each row, instead of five.
Here are three ways to get the EMUI 9 upgrade on your Huawei or Honor device:
· Go to Settings > Software Update on your device and follow the instructions
· Sign up for EMUI upgrades through the Huawei HiCare app
· Visit your nearest Huawei Service Centre (Melrose Arch in Jhb, Canal Walk in Cape Town, Somerset Mall in Somerset West and Mount Edgecombe Country Estate 2 in Durban).
The dates for EMUI 9 updates are:
P Smart, P 20 lite - End of June
Mate 20 Series - July
EMUI 9 updates for other Huawei models is set to be announced soon.
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What are your plans for the holiday season?